Friday, February 15, 2008

Konsole? Console?


The worst mistake a developer (in progress) can make is becoming accustom to using GUI based applications, you know; click here, drag here, click here, type here, etc. And any Windows user can tell you, Console is for hard-core hackers and nerds (of which i am both), but a common misconception is the the command-line interface is scary, when in actual fact its alot simpler and easier to use, even for the end-user. Ive become accustom to Konsole now, though I always liked the idea of doing things with commands (kommands?) but that was a little before of my time (slightly hehe). And even when I did get serious about programming and developing, I tried to stray away from the dreaded Windows command line - But Kubuntu has changed my perception of command line interfaces, I've come to learn that if your willing to spend 10-15 minutes learning the basic commands that the Konsole is an invaluable tool when using Linux, Im in the process of writing a small guide to get Linux newbies accustom to the Konsole interface, it will be online shortly!
stay tuned, and remember - Always look on the bright side of linux.

No comments: