Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sasaki Yukinari, Bravo!


So today I decided I might try my luck at getting my extensive anime collection to work on Kubuntu, And quite to my suprise the video's run smoother than they ever used to on WindowsXP, which is a massive improvement, I can now watch Sasaki get beaten up by women at proper speed! hooray!
Im using .rmvb (RealMedia Variable Binary - Or something to that extent) files, which have become quite popular among the anime community, especially in Japan and China due to its low filesize and high quality (greater then even MPEG4 or Xvid). I had some issues getting the files to play in Vlc Player, so I hopped on the Kubuntu IRC chat and asked around and I was directed towards RealPlayer, after the painstaking download process on their webpage (constant argument that you should purchase their 'superpass') I installed with no issues and after playing around with the configuration within RealPlayer, the video's play smoothly - So a thumbs up for media under Linux!

Coming next: p2p & Music!..

No comments: