Friday, February 15, 2008

Kooboontoo?


So a few weeks ago, Dave; a mate of mine, and I were chatting on MSN, when all of a sudden I was struck with the dreaded BSOD that I had seen all too many times in my almost 10 years of Windows, I had gotton used to the screen, and used to the procedure that followed, restart.. Forget whatever I was doing.. Start all over and pray it didnt happen again, Once I had rebooted and gotten back on to MSN I vented my frustration to Dave, he suggested switching 'to the dark side', intrigued, I asked what he meant; 'Ubuntu! or Kubuntu!" he exclaimed, after 15 minutes, I had hopped onto shipit.kubuntu.com and ordered Kubuntu 7.10 and Ubuntu 7.10 (For free I might add, it didnt cost me a cent, not even P&H). so a few days ago, The CD's arrived (with free stickers!) and I decided to leave MS Windows XP behined after a lifetime of use, to switch to Kubuntu 7.10, The installation went smoothly and a day hasnt gone by where I didnt find a cool new feature that was not to be found in Windows, but I am admittidly a Linux Newb, so I'll be blogging about my adventures through Linux from an end-used and programmer point of view - Lets hope its a smooth ride!

No comments: