Wednesday, August 27, 2008

GIMP > Photoshop

Okay so maybe the quote "GIMP is greater than Photoshop" is a bit of an overstatement, but it comes close, very close. GIMP is short for 'GNOME Image Manipulation Program" (at least I think it is heh'), and as you may have guessed, it's a fully fledged Image Manipulation program, it boasts countless tools and plugins suitable for general artistic original work, from manipulating photo's for blogs, MySpace and whatnot. As an example, the logo for this blog was made in GIMP with just a few mouse clicks, literally. So go out and give GIMP a try!
What are you waiting for? You know the drill!

sudo apt-get install gimp

On a side note, I have decided to go for Arch Linux for my new computer I am getting in the next week, a friend provided me with a Live-CD that won me over heh' :)

No comments: