Wednesday, August 27, 2008

RT73 (RaLink) Driver Installer

Okay folks,
I've noticed recently a lot of people have been having trouble with the 'RT73 Chipset' from RaLink (In Wireless devices from manufacturers like D-Link, Hawking, etc), I actually noted this a while ago when I first got my DWL-G122 Rev. C (D-Link) wireless dongle, obviously it only came with a Windows installer disk, so I had two choices, ndiswrapper or SerialMonkey drivers.
I opted for the SM Drivers and got to work, it took me almost two weeks to get it working (Hey, I really was a newb). So after a while i stumbled upon the note I had left for myself "write script to install rt73 devices". And thats exactly what I did, for several months it supported the Linux community well, until I became lazy with updating it (real life issues took precedence) and another Ubuntu user re-wrote the script, so without further ado, I give you The RT73-RaLink Device Installer.

Have fun and good luck!
~Kiefer

No comments: